Monday, January 12, 2009

Raw Edge Baby Quilt

I just finished a raw edge quilt for a co-worker. The sex of the baby is a secret, so I decided to go green. The quilt is made from squares sewn on top one another creating a raw edge. The largest square is 9 inches, the next square is 6 inches and the smallest square is 3 inches. I simply sewed the 3 inch square on top of the 6 inch square and then sewed the combined 3 and 6 inch square on the 9 inch square. I decided to add decorative ric-rac to the majority of the blocks and added some zig zag stiching.

The project can easily be a weekend project, but due to illness I completed the quilt in approx. two weeks. I am very pleased with the project.











2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I just started quilting and found your blog from quilting blogs. I can't wait to finish my first quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just adorable! So cute and bright! Great work!

    ReplyDelete